Mohawk Student Services
Planning for the future while completing high school requirements can be a challenge. Our guidance department is here to help, from guiding you through a graduation plan, to helping you register for college and providing resources and ideas for college funding.
While our guidance counselors meet with every student throughout the year, we encourage students to be proactive about their high school education and beyond. This page provides you the information you need to explore college and career options as well as to ensure success during your high school years.
Counselor for Grades 7–9
(413) 625.9811 ext. 1304
Counselor for Grades 10–12
(413) 625.9811 ext. 1307
(413) 625.9811 ext. 1305
Student Services Mission Statement
The mission of the school counselors at Mohawk Trail Regional School is to assist students in developing the skills, knowledge, and mindsets to be curious and challenged students, engaged community members, productive workers, and lifelong learners.
The counselors will assist in this process by providing a comprehensive, developmental, and proactive counseling program that addresses the academic, social, emotional, career, and college needs of every student.
The school counselors will provide timely academic, social/emotional, and career and college information to all students through the classroom, small groups, and individually. The goal of this information is for students to understand themselves, their options, and how to make decisions about their future.
Course Registration Information
We are starting the process of scheduling for the 2019–2020 school year. For your reference, here is the timeline:
Course Registration Timeline for 2019–2020 School Year
February 26 through March 1, 2019
- Tuesday, February 26 - Counselors present course materials to 9th grade students through English classes.
- Wednesday, February 27 - Counselors present course materials to 10th grade students during Modern World History.
- Thursday, February 28 - Counselors present course materials to 11th grade students through US History classes.
- Friday, March 1 - Taffy presents course materials to 8th grade students during periods 6 and 7. Related Arts teachers talk about their elective offerings.
March 4 through March 8, 2019
- Teachers discuss their department academic and elective offerings with students, and students discuss course selections with parents. Students should return their completed course selection forms to 9th grade English or 10th and 11th grade history teachers by March 8.
March 11 through March 15, 2019
- Students will be entering their course requests into ASPEN - details of how and when will follow.
Sometime in May
- Students will receive a copy of their 2019–2020 schedule! They will be able to make changes at this time, but we will not allow schedule changes in the fall (with the exception of selecting honors).
If you are new to the Mohawk Trail Regional School District, please contact Karen Strong via email or by phone at (413) 625.9811 x1305 to set up an appointment to get paperwork and meet with a counselor. To register a student, we require all academic, health, attendance, discipline, and special education records from further schools. Incomplete records or registration forms will delay your student from enrollment in classes.